Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Peek at my Week

It's Sunday, so that means it's time for...



We are jumping into probability when we get back from spring break, and I am excited about  incorporating Miss Nannini's March Madness unit! My students are excited about bringing March Madness into our classroom, and we will be using it to reinforce some of the probability skills that we are working on.

I'm also going to be using my newest product: Probability Stations. I was looking for a way to get students practicing be theoretical probability and then testing it out to see how it's very mental probability is different from theoretical. This way they get to do six activities over probably two days and practice the skills in several different situations.




I am really excited about introducing an online game to my students this week. I blogged about Mission-US last week, and I am ready to get back in the classroom and try it out with my students. I'm hoping that it helps them to understand the time period a little better by seeing and experiencing what a teenager in that time would go through. We will be playing Mission 1 starting tomorrow!



We have been doing Tuck Everlasting in my small group reading circles, and I can't wait to get back to it. I haven't read the book since I was a fifth or sixth grader myself, and I can't wait to get back to reading it with my kiddos. We are all loving it, even the ones who weren't into it at all in the beginning have gotten drawn into the story by this point.


We finished the math part of a project before spring break, and we are starting the writing section when we get back. As part of our fractions unit, students found recipes either from home or online that they wanted to share with the class and we practiced scaling them for different sizes groups of people.  Now that we are back, we are going to be publishing our own class cookbook. Students will be rewriting the recipes with new measurements and creating book pages on their own, which we are going to have bound into a class book. They are SO excited!

That's what's going on in my class this week! To hear about the awesome things everyone else has planned, head over to Mrs. Laffin's Laughings and link up!


2 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a class cookbook! That is a great way to include math into an authentic, real life writing experience. I hope you will share how it goes!

    Thanks for linking up & have a great week, Kristen!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nominated you for the sunshine blogger award! Check out my blog for details: http://tinyurl.com/mtl4fna

    Laura
    msritter35.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)