Monday, December 22, 2014

Top 10 Reasons Teachers Love Christmas






10.  I get to decorate my Christmas tree for free with teacher ornaments.

9.  I can wear Santa hats, reindeer ears, and elf ears at work without getting funny looks.

8.  I can create math problems that start like this... If Santa's sleigh weighed 500 pounds and was traveling at 80 miles per hour ...

7.  Tacky sweaters and shirts are ALL the rage - kids love them!

6.  I get to add to my collection of teacher mugs.


5.  My favorite Christmas movies can become lesson plans!

4.  My countdown to Christmas ends on the last day of school when I pull out of the parking lot!

3.  I get the privilege of hosting a Christmas party with 25 hyped up kids. Who wouldn't want to do that?

2.  I can answer the phone, "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?" And no one thinks I'm crazy. Okay, maybe they think I am still a little crazy…






AND the TOP reason that teachers love Christmas….. drum roll please….. 


1.  I can tell my class, "You know, Santa calls teachers.”



Merry Christmas!


7 comments:

  1. LOL! This list is awesome. Wishing you very happy holidays!
    One Lucky Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true!!!! I love #4- opening presents is fun, but the true gift is having an extended break from work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha all of those student made ornaments are special. I still have lots you and your sister on my tree. They are my favorite. Your Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the giggles. I got a new ornament this year! No new mugs, though. Merry Christmas!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. I even used #1 in high school! =D

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE to read your comments, and prefer to reply by email so that you will receive our responses. Make sure you're not a "No Reply Blogger" or leave your email address in your comment.Thanks for stopping by! :)