Hey y'all! I'm excited to get to share a little about myself with you! I graduated from Trevecca Nazarene University in 2004 with an Elementary Education degree. I taught one year of second grade and part of a year of fourth grade before being moved due to enrollment numbers to a fifth grade position. It was intimidating at first, but I have truly found my home in fifth grade!
If you are reading the About Us section of this blog, you are a dedicated blog reader. Kudos to you!
Here is the necessary "stuff" about me you might want to know since I am writing a teaching blog and you are (hopefully) reading what I write. I have a Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and Elementary Education, a Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Leadership, and too many hours to count at the moment in graduate level classes. I have a certification as an Educational Technologist. I have taught Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, First Grade, and Third Grade. I have served as the Data Facilitator for 2 schools, on the Continuous School Improvement Committee (CSI), as grade level Team Leader, and as Student Support Team (SST) co-chair. I am a new seller on Teacher’s Pay Teachers and an educational blogger.
I currently teach 3rd grade in a school populated by military students who carry the weight of the Army on their shoulders. It is my extreme pleasure to serve them and their families and hopefully lighten the load a little. I love teaching and have never viewed it as just a job; it’s my passion!
CassieHello! Thank you for taking the time to read the about us section of our blog! The first thing many of my family, friends and students would tell you is that I am a huge sports fan! So I am going to give you my “Top Ten List About Me”. Here goes:
- I am married to an amazing man! We have been married since 2010. Although this sounds a little too sappy… he completes me.
- We have two fur children. They are our lives and they have the rule of the house. Frankie and Gracie are spoiled rotten pugs.
- We live in a small town in northern Minnesota. We live about an hour from where I grew up and in my husband’s hometown. When I say small… I am not being sarcastic. We have one stoplight people! ONE! It is the type of place where everyone knows everyone and most people are related in one way or another.
- I teach in that same small town I spoke of in number 3. This is my second year teaching. I have been lucky enough to be given a fourth grade classroom (this was my dream age when I was going through college).
- I graduated from the University of North Dakota in December of 2012. After graduating, I subbed for 5 months before being hired on for the 2013-2014 school year. I have a fabulous 4th grade team and I couldn’t ask for better co-workers.
- My family is my world. I am a middle child with two supportive parents and two amazing siblings. My older sister is a graphic designer and my little brother is a 7th grader (yes there is an age gap). My little brother is the reason why I became a teacher. He has been my world since I was in 4th grade. When he was born my family’s world was flipped upside down. He was born with Neuroblastoma Cancer. He battled and is now a cancer survivor. He is an inspiration to so many, including myself. He was the one who told me I should become a teacher.
- After graduating high school in 2009, I attended the University of Minnesota-Minneapolis for one year. My major at that time was pre-med. Then, we got engaged, moved to Grand Forks, ND where I started a new major of Occupational Therapy. I disliked it greatly (and that is saying it kindly). Cole (my little brother) told me I should become a teacher. So, I took my first ed course and fell in love.
- I am a huge sports fan (like I said before). My favorite teams are the Minnesota Wild (hockey), New York Giants (football) and the Minnesota Twins (baseball).
- I am proud to be a coaches wife. My husband coaches both football and basketball. I attend every possible game that I can and I cheer loudly!!
- Last but not least, I am a dedicated teacher. I have a huge passion for educating and inspiring.
Thanks for reading my “Top Ten About Me”. I love to teach, dream and inspire!!